Monday, February 22, 2010

Living a good and righteous life before the Lord- pt9


4. Keeping the Commandments of the Lord

Part of having a true righteous walk with the Lord is to make sure that we simply obey all of His basic laws and commandments as best we can. These next set of verses will really drive this point home.

Many in the world today want to scoff and make fun of the ways, laws and commandments of our Lord. They want to be able to live in their flesh, doing anything they can that will feed their flesh. They do not want to be told that adultery, fornication, homosexuality, abortion, and other alternative forms of spirituality are not acceptable to the one and only living God.

As a result, they will either try and make up their own little gods to worship, or they will try and say that they are a god and an island all unto themselves and that they do not need to answer to any type of Higher Power. This is all done so they can rationalize and explain away all of their sinful behavior before the Lord.

Again, our Lord could not make things any more simpler and any more easier than with the way that He has everything set up. All we have to do is accept the fact and reality that we are all fallen sinners and that we all need the shed blood of Jesus Christ to be able to receive eternal salvation from God the Father. From there we are to walk out the rest of our life serving God in the divine destiny that He already has set up for our lives, along with trying to live a good and righteous before Him.

But so many people still to this day cannot see this simple and obvious truth, or if they can, they are still refusing to be told that they have to serve anyone, even if it is God Almighty Himself. Just as pride and major stupidity took out one third of the angelic race, I am afraid that same kind of pride and stupidity is going to be taking out a much larger percentage of the human race when it is all said and done.

Again, these next set of verses are really going to drive home the point that we fully appreciate the laws and commandments that God has set out for all of us.

These laws and commandments from the Lord will be telling us what is right and what is wrong in this life. They will act as a compass and a guide for us so that we will know how to live and act in this life for the Lord. These laws and commandments are again, all being given to us for our own good and for our own protection, for without them, we would just keep falling into one pit after another.

  1. Now behold, one came and said to Him, "Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?" So He said to him ... "But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:16-17)
  2. "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love." (John 15:10)
  3. "This is love, that we walk according to His commandments." (2 John 1:6)
  4. "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome." (1 John 5:2-3)
  5. "Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." (1 John 2:3)
  6. "For the commandment is a lamp, and the law is light; reproofs of instruction are the way of life." (Proverbs 6:23)
  7. "He who keeps the commandment keeps his soul, but he who is careless of his ways will die." (Proverbs 19:16)
  8. "The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; he who keeps his way preserves his soul." (Proverbs 16:17)
  9. "My son, do not forget My law, but let your heart keep My commands; for length of days and long life and peace they will add to you." (Proverbs 3:1)
  10. "Observe and obey all these words which I command you, that it may go well with you and your children after you forever, when you do what is good and right in the sight of the Lord your God." (Deuteronomy 12:28)
  11. "My son, keep My words, and treasure My commands within you. Keep My commands and live, and My law as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart." (Proverbs 7:1-3)
  12. "Oh, that you had heeded My commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea." (Isaiah 48:18)
  13. "Unless Your law had been my delight, I would then have perished in my affliction. I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have given me life." (Psalm 119:92)
  14. "Oh, that My people would listen to Me, that Israel would walk in My ways! I would soon subdue their enemies, and turn My hand against their adversaries." (Psalm 81:13-14)
  15. "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." (Joshua 1:8)
  16. "It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes. The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of skekels of gold and silver." (Psalm 119:71-72)
  17. "Open my eyes, that I may see the wondrous things from Your law. I am a stranger in the earth; do not hide Your commandments from me. My soul breaks with longing for Your judgments at all times." (Psalm 119:18-20)
  18. "Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing causes them to stumble." (Psalm 119:165)
  19. "Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Blessed are You, O Lord! Teach me Your statutes ... I will meditate on Your precepts, and contemplate Your ways. I will delight myself in Your statues; I will not forget Your word." (Psalm 119:10-16)
  20. "I will run in the way of Your commandments, for You shall enlarge my heart. Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes, and I shall keep it to the end. Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law; indeed I shall observe it with my whole heart. Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it." (Psalm 119:32-35)
  21. "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; the statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true ad righteous altogether, more to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is great reward." (Psalm 19:7-11)
  22. "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper." (Psalm 1:1-3)



***TO BE CONTINUED***

No comments:

My Testimony

These are my personal thoughts about my life as a Christian, musician, mother, and wife.

ShareThis

Learn to play piano by ear!!

Learn to play piano in a church setting!!