The Bible is the only source of information that we have. In it are the words of life, the way we should live for Christ in an acceptable and profitable way. His word is truth. It informs us of the way to be renewed; revived and effective for Christ. First, we should be students of the Holy Spirit. Then we must be willing to forsake the way that most of us now live and take up our cross and follow Jesus. We must forsake the evil and walk in the light. Ephesians 4:15, 17, 23-30 (NASB) gives us great examples of how Christians should live.
15. But speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,
17. So this I say, and affirm together with the Lord, that you walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind,
23. And that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
24. And put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.
25. Therefore, laying aside falsehood, SPEAK TRUTH EACH ONE of you WITH HIS NEIGHBOR, for we are members of one another.
26. BE ANGRY, AND yet DO NOT SIN; do not let the sun go down on your anger,
27. and do not give the devil an opportunity.
28. He who steals must steal no longer; but rather he must labor, performing with his own hands what is good, so that he will have something to share with one who has need.
29. Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.
30. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
In Philippians we read: "That I may know Him (Christ), and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his suffering, being made comfortable unto His death". Philippians 3:10
These are but a few of the many scriptures in reference to the way of life that is pleasing unto our Lord. It behooves every person saved by grace to read, prayerfully, the Bible. Be careful to study and understand that which God expects and demands of us. Then apply these things to your everyday walk through this life and you will be rewarded in heaven.
Most of us will agree that a vast majority of the people who claim salvation need something to happen in their hearts in such a dramatic way as to awaken them out of their sleep and cause them to be a vital part in communicating the gospel of salvation. We need to be a dynamic force for good so that people will have respect for the believing Church instead of distrust and disillusionment. The world needs to see a people that loves God and their neighbors as themselves. The basic reason for revitalizing and renewal is love for God and mankind.
The church needs spiritual leaders that are so committed to Christ, that their hearts are filled with compassion for the unsaved; that they will preach and teach their flock by word and example; that they will become so inspired they will carry the gospel everywhere as did the early church.
Please note in your Bible, that Jesus led his disciples by word and by example. They went everywhere preaching and teaching the people. They did not just teach them but they also led them out into fields that were white unto harvest...which is example. James 1:22 says: "But be ye doers of the word, and not just hearers only, deceiving yourselves". Jesus did not exclude anyone regardless of his position. Jesus led his followers; He never attempted to drive them. No church, home, or business will progress beyond the leadership provided.
Another example of the traits that Christians should possess can be found in Philippians 4:8 which says: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
To be happy and content and at peace with God we must abide in Christ and live daily for Him, who is our Savior, our hope and our peace, who will bless us beyond our highest expectations, who will comfort us in times of distress and give us victory over sin and death, who will hear us when we pray and answer us. Our Lord will supply our every need, now and forever.
All he asks of us is to believe in Him, obey his word, let the Holy Spirit teach us his ways and be renewed, and grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. He has gone back to heaven to prepare a home for all that receive and love him. May God bless and renew you in spirit and and truth. May your life be pleasing and acceptable unto him.
Do you know what shocks the world about Christianity? Not religion; the world is fed up to here with religion. Not ritual; the world is fed up to here with ritual. Not sincerity; there's sincerity in every group on the face of the earth. Then what is it that will impressed and shocked the world about Christian faith? (1) Oh how they love the Lord...and (2)oh, how they love one another.