Wednesday, July 11, 2012
The secret to sounding contemporary!
If you've always wanted to learn how to play contemporary, urban
gospel music, I've found the perfect resource for you.
It's a course by "Hear & Play" that specializes in giving you
that neo-soul, jazzy, R&B feeling when you play gospel music. It
fuses all of them together to create a very modern, "urban"
It's hard to explain but they have live video clip samples on
their website so I recommend going through them all. You'll
learn a lot.
Meanwhile, here are a few things it covers:
* How to implement a host of simple tricks that are guaranteed
to instantly add that well-known west coast, "urban" flavor to
your playing (...you hear this style on a lot of contemporary
* Beef up your playing drastically by adding these small little
grace notes, slides, and fill-ins to your chord transitions.
Jon utilizes this trick at least 80% of the time and he spills
the beans on exactly what to do to "own" it.
* How to master the art of passing chords so that your chord
progressions and songs never sound dull or "predictable." As
you'll learn in the course, the goal is to be unpredictable."
That's when you know you've arrived.
* Learn the ways of the west coast and how to contemporize your
playing by using countless numbers of "phat" chords, movements,
* How to play tons of opened and closed chords and how to use
them at the right time.
... And much much more!
...for more information.
All the best,