Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Why keep believing, when everything around you says otherwise?


How do you continue to believe when everything around you says otherwise. This particular question has been known to cause a lot of discord and really get people upset. Why? Because chances are they are trying to make a sinner believe in something they are too blind to understand. This question is also asked among believers as well. I found myself asking this question this week after the sudden sickness of my baby sister in law. But as a person who has been delivered from the impossible...I know better than to fool around like this. God has shown himself strong in my life a million or more times. Today I'm going to share with you some things that help me cope with impossible situations.

First thing we must realize is that what is impossible to man is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS possible with God. There is no storm or trial that you face that is impossible for God to bring you through. I recall the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednigo. Before I go into them being thrown into the furnace let's look at Daniel 3:16-18 [NIV] 16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us[c] from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” Notice what they said in verse 18 (my interpretation) Even if he doesn't deliver us....We will not give up. My God what faith these men must've had in the face of a dire situation!! We must have this same type of resolve when it comes to dealing with our daily tests.

Now in Daniel 3:19-25 [NIV] says: 19 Then Nebuchadnezzar was furious with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, and his attitude toward them changed. He ordered the furnace heated seven times hotter than usual 20 and commanded some of the strongest soldiers in his army to tie up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and throw them into the blazing furnace. 21 So these men, wearing their robes, trousers, turbans and other clothes, were bound and thrown into the blazing furnace. 22 The king’s command was so urgent and the furnace so hot that the flames of the fire killed the soldiers who took up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, 23 and these three men, firmly tied, fell into the blazing furnace.

24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement and asked his advisers, “Weren’t there three men that we tied up and threw into the fire?”

They replied, “Certainly, Your Majesty.”

25 He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.”

As you can see the King got mad and threw Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednigo into the furnace but God allowed them to come out without so much as a scent of smoke on them. That's the God we serve! A God who is able to do the absolute impossible...IF...we are willing to just believe him. Either you believe or you don't. Don't be the type of person who is what we call a fair weather Saint. Be all in or nothing. I KNOW that God is my only choice. Whether he gives me what I want or not....I'm not going anywhere because there is nowhere else to go. What am I going to do when trouble arises? Call the President? That won't help me. What am I going to do, call on a friend or family member? There are some situations in which God is the only one who can help you. This situation that my sister is dealing with, is one of those situations.

Why keep believing for her complete recovery when there are other members in the same family who have suffered the same thing, but still have not recovered. We're talking almost a decade or more with no healing! I'll tell you why. Because there is no other answer. I know that's simple and too light of an answer for some of you deep folks but I'm not deep....I'm saved and I believe that there is NOTHING too hard for my God. Many times if you're not careful, you can become too deep and end up over complicating the simplest things. Hebrews 11:1 which says...Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. The word NOW is highlighted because it is one of the most important words in this scripture. It means that one must have NOW FAITH...in other words, I believe right Now...I believe tomorrow...I believe in 10 years...I believe FOREVER!! My faith in God will never end!

Finally I want to share with you 2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. We have to keep our eyes on Jesus. He will never fail...He can not lie....His word is eternal...It will not return unto him void or without affect. As long as we know that God is still sitting on the throne and that he still has all power in his hands....we have no choice but to continue to believe and trust in him. He knows what we don't know. Isaiah says that his ways are not our ways and his thoughts are not our thoughts. He is able to see what we can not yet see or understand. He already knows the outcomes of our lives and everyone in this world. God is Omnipotent...he's Omnipresent!! So whatever we face in life, understand that there's nothing I can do anyway. Worrying isn't going to make this situation better so I may as well rest in God. He'll do what needs to be done...and if he doesn't...I still believe and know that he can!!!





Remain blessed

No comments:

My Testimony

These are my personal thoughts about my life as a Christian, musician, mother, and wife.

ShareThis

Learn to play piano by ear!!

Learn to play piano in a church setting!!